Friday, August 10, 2012

Just when I thought I was doing so good

The night before Beckems birthday I ended up in Labor and Delivery to have them stop my contractions.  I was just sitting in a work meeting when I started contracting, that was around 4 and they had not stopped by 9 so we headed to McKay.  They gave me the horrible drug terbutaline, but it works so I just deal with the racing heart rate, the jitters and the restlessness.  When she checked me I was dialated to a 2 and 60%. We were able to come home around 1 am and get some rest. 

The next night at Beckem's birthday party I started contracting and was pretty miserable.  I finally got a hold of my Dr. and he called me in some terbutaline pills and he told me he needed to see me in his office the next day to get checked out and see what was going on.  Late that night I actually passed my mucous plug and was SO MISERABLE.  I was so nervous about what was to come and just kept praying that the little man will stay in a little longer. 

Yesterday I went in to see my Dr. and I am dialated to a 3 + and very thin. : (  Not really what I wanted to hear, but it is what it is.  I am now on modified bedrest at home, which means I just need to take it easy and I am not allowed to work until I have him.  I am just super worried for him, I hated seeing Beckem in the NICU and really don't want to see another one of my children struggle like that.  If I can just get at least two HOPEFULLY three more weeks in then I would be so grateful. 

The plan now is, I am on medication around the clock to help stop my contractions and we are just pray for the best.  Zac gave me a blessing last night, I am so grateful for the priesthood and the comfort it brings to our family. I am so excited to meet him, but the longer the better in this case.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! i was thinking you were doing so well this time around. How scary. I hope everything goes alright. I will keep your family and the baby in our prayers. Love you and hope all goes well. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete