Thursday, August 30, 2012

He's Here...

Boden Lew Mason
Born August 26th at 5:19 PM
6 lbs 13 oz and 19 1/2 inches long
 
 
I was feeling pretty crappy all weekend and Sunday morning I woke up and after taking both of my meds I was still contracting and hurting really bad. We ran the boys to my mom's house and went to the hospital. When I got there I was contracting about every 2-3 minutes and dilated to a 4 plus. They gave me a shot of terbutaline to try to stop the contractions, but the pain got worse and the contractions didn't stop. I had then dilated from a 4 to a 5 so they decided to keep me. I got admitted to labor and delivery about 2:00 P.M. where they immediately started my epidural. After about 30 minutes I told my nurse that my cheeks (on my face) were numb, but not my other cheeks LOL. Yeah, the anesthesiologist came in and tried re-dosing me about 3 times and NOTHING. I could still feel everything. After about another 30 minutes of agonizing pain, he decided to pull the epidural and re-due it. Finally the second one kicked in and I was a lot more comfortable. At about 4:45 the nurse came in to recheck me and I was complete and ready to go. They called Dr. Seale and about the time he got there I was really needing to push. It was only one contraction and my little man entered this world.
 



  He looked amazing!!  His apgars were 9 and 9 and everything seemed to be great.  They decided to take him to transition nursery just because he was grunting a little bit.  When they got him over there he started retracting and his blood sugar was 20 (normal is above 45).  Not too much longer they decided they were going to admit him to the NICU and intibate him to give him some surfactant for his lungs.  : (  I was so hoping to not have to go through the NICU thing again, but lucky for us they are really good there and it's the best thing for him.
 The boys were so sad they did not get to see him.  Ky just kept saying, but mom I promise I won't breathe on him, PLEASE can I go see him.  It was so sad.  The first thing Kyson said to me when he saw me was, "mom, can I see if your tummy isn't fat anymore"  He was having a blast kneeding my stomach like a thing of dough. It was pretty funny.
 Little Bo was intubated for till about 6:00 am the next day.
Day Two
  They put him on high flow and placed his feeding tube.  We were so surprised when they told us we could try to see if he would eat from a bottle.  We fed him and he did GREAT, he downed 20 mLs in about 10 minutes.  This seemed huge to us because it took Beckem about a week to even suck so we were so happy!!


 Papa came up and held Bo for a little while. 
 It was sad not having our baby in our room with us, but it was nice to be able to just relax in our bed and enjoy one another all day long between going to see our little guy.  We sure did miss holding little Boden though.  


1 comment: