Sunday, July 29, 2012

I am such a lucky girl!!

Isn't it sad how sometimes life just gets away from us??  I feel so ashamed of myself because lately I have been rushing so much EVERYDAY trying to fit one more thing in our busy schedules and then I get frustrated that I can't do everything that I think needs to be done or get overwhelmed with the stress of each day.  But really, I need to stop and really look at what matters most, what is most important in life. . . and that is my life NOW.  In a month or a day even, it won't matter how many things got checked off my list or how many hours I was able to fit in at work, but what will matter is the time I got to spend with my kids or my best friend.  What will matter is the friendships that our family shares and continually build, the memories we create and the fun times we have together. 

I have been so selfish lately and I feel so horrible.  As I sit at work tonight I wish so bad I could be home holding my boys and cuddling with Zac on the couch, but I can't.  I love my job and am so grateful for the career that I have, but I need to slow down and ENJOY the life that I am living right now.  Yeah an extra shift at work will give us some extra money, but in a month will it really get us that much more ahead or really matter?? 

I catch myself saying stuff all the time like, in about five years life will be so much better, but what is so bad about now??  Yeah the kids are exhausting and at times I feel like I can't live up to the expectations that come with being a mother, but really, I am going to look back at these days and wish so bad I could hold my children and play hot and cold with them or whatever adventure the day brings.  I am so blessed to have the life that I do have and I am so lucky to have FOUR of God's children to raise and return home to Him. 

I am so grateful I get to spend eternity with my best friend.  I am so grateful to have Zac!! Everyday he makes me smile and tries so hard each and everyday to make me happy even when I am a VERY onery pregnant woman.  I couldn't ask for a better husband.  It's amazing how everyday I fall in love with him over and over and just when it seems like I couldn't possibly love him anymore, I DO!! 

I am so grateful for the gospel and the love that our Father in Heaven shows me.  He has never failed me and I know he never will.  It doesn't matter what I am going through or doing I know He is right by my side helping and supporting me along the way.  I LOVE my Father in Heaven so much and can't wait to return home to Him one day. 

I am so grateful for this life I have been given and need to remember to not take each day for granted.  No my life is not perfect, but I am so blessed and have so many reasons why I should be the happiest person in the world, but I let Satin in and let him get me down.  I will try a little harder to be a little better each and everyday from here on out.  My life is so amazing and I am one lucky girl!! 


1 comment:

  1. You are one lucky girl. Thank you for sharing that and making me stop and think about how lucky of a girl I am also. Life gets busy and I agree that we need to slow down and just take it all in.

    ReplyDelete