Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Days of 47 Rodeo

One of my favorite things about July is going to the rodeo.  I LOVE horses and love EVERYTHING about the rodeo.  I think secretly I missed my calling in life, I should have been a rodeo girl, but I don't have horses so maybe in the next life.  The boys were so good.  Tegan was loving all of it and even told me, "mom, when I get big I am going to be a cowboy" I love how they look up to everyone and have so many hopes and dreams.  

I felt so bad, my parents got the whole family tickets about a month ago so we could make it a whole family event and an hour before the rodeo my mom was on her way up to the hospital for a CAT scan.  She has a pretty large kidney stone and has been is so much pain.  She wanted to be with the family so bad, but unfortunately the pain took over and they were not able to come with us.  We missed them, but her health is so much more important.

For the rodeo we had this idea to bring Beckem's car baby car seat, even though he doesn't use it anymore, so we could buckle him in and we wouldn't have to hold him the whole time.  I wasn't sure how it would work, but the little man did AMAZING.  He stayed in his seat the whole time and didn't really make much fuss at all.  He is such a good sport and just goes with the flow. 

The boys favorite part was the motorcycles at the end.  The last trick of the night the motorcross rider did a back flip, my boys thought that was so AWESOME!!  Kyson keeps telling me how he is going to be just like them when he gets his motorcycle.  He is such a dare devil!! 



1 comment:

  1. I am so sad that we missed the rodeo this year. Looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete