Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mixed Emotions....

On Saturday, while I was at work I found out about a strike that is going on in Minnesota. I looked more into it and there are 12,000 nurses going on strike in 14 different hospitals starting July 6th. This company that I looked into is offering to pay nurses $5,300.00 for one week plus hotel and travel. I thought what could I have to lose right?? So I told Zac about it and we were all for a family vacation to Minneapolis Minnesota, but after looking into it and paying for the Tegan and Zac's flight out there and the hotel it was going to cost close to $2,000.00 for them to go out there and I will be working the whole time so we weren't sure it would be worth it for them to come. So now I am going out there by myself. I am excited for the new opportunity and to see what health care is like outside of Utah, but I am freaked out that I am going to get lost or something. I am sure everything will be fine, the unknown is the scariest part. I just don't know what shifts I am working, what it will be like, where I am supposed to go, or what the crap I am doing, but it will be an adventure to say the least : ) I hope it isn't too bad, but for $5,300.00 in one week, how bad could it be, right?? Wish me luck!!
The hardest part for me is leaving my family. I have never left the boys more than one night and I think that longest Zac and I have been apart since we were together is three days, I am going to miss them like CRAZY!! I am also going to miss my sister coming home from her mission. I have waited a LONG 18 months for that girl to get here and now I am leaving. Sorry Krys, but like she said to me yesterday in her email, we are sisters for Eternity so what is a few more days apart. I love you Krys and I can't wait to see you when I get home.

3 comments:

  1. Chelese!! I don't want you to go alone. I had a bright idea until I remembered that Krystal was coming home the same time... Wouldn't it be great if I went with you? What can I do to help? I know traveling solo isn't always the most enjoyable thing to do, but at least from my experience, it has definitely made me a stronger person. Love you!! *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'll come with you. When do you leave? Can you tell me a little bit more info about this? Just wondering....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! I am so excited and proud of you! Girl I know that you will be amazing out there! Love you and let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete