Monday, July 5, 2010

God Bless America

The fourth of July is my all time FAVORITE holiday. I love the patriotism, I love anything cooked on the grill, I LOVE fireworks (it might be safe to say I am slightly obsessed), I love all the celebrations but most of all I love that it's a time that we get to celebrate our freedom.
My whole life my dad has served in the Air Force Reserves as a Chaplin and a few years ago my brother joined the Air Force Reserves as a firefighter. I have always respected the military, but it wasn't until they were both deployed that it really hit me how big of a sacrifice it is. The service that military men and women do for us to be free is amazing!! I am so grateful to all the women and men that have, and are currently serving to fight for our freedom. Thanks Justin and Dad for serving our country and protecting our freedom!! God Bless America!!


I really respect these two amazing women. As I watched both of them send off the man that they love most, my heart broke for them. It's definitely a sacrifice for the military wives and families. Thank you mom and Nicole for being amazingly strong women!! I look up to you both and love you so much!!

2 comments:

  1. You have such an amazing family. They are all such great examples to me. Thank you for the sacrifices that they make for all of us! Love you and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that one was a tear-jerker. I never realized all that sacrifice entailed either until last summer. Man alive, what a challenge. There are so many families out there giving up so many moments with loved ones for our freedoms. Lucky for me, I have family like you all around. Thanks and love ya. *

    ReplyDelete