Sunday, February 26, 2023

Beckem’s Advice on a Girlfriend

 Beckem and I were driving to run some errands the other day and Zac called to talk to me.  He was on Bluetooth and he was telling me that he was looking at the NICU diapers.  After we hung up Beckem said “I can’t wait to be a dad” I told him it’s a lot of work but it’s pretty fun.  I said “should we have another baby??” Beckem reminded me that we can’t have babies anymore.  I said, well I could get it reversed.  He said, probably not.  We were laughing.  I then told him, well I guess I will just have to wait a few years to be a grandma then.  We were talking about how soon I could be a grandma.  If Tegan got married when Zac did, he would be married in 5 years.  Such a crazy thought!!  Beckem then said, “well, he has to find someone to be his girlfriend first” I started to laugh and said, yeah that’s true.  Beckem then said, “that’s why I have a girlfriend now, because I don’t want to get to be 20 years old and never have had a girlfriend.  Then no one would want me and before you know it I would be 30 and an old man and never get married and have to live the rest of my life alone”. The way he was saying it was cracking me up, but I guess his logic is true. . . Gotta start somewhere.  Ha ha I seriously love watching the boys grow up and hear how they think about life.  I can’t wait to be a grandma, but until then I am loving every minute of the stage of life I am in right now.  I am so blessed and grateful for the family that I have!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment