Sunday, February 26, 2023

Angel “Thomas” and Boden

 Boden has been struggling to want to go to school.  There a been a few nights in the past couple of months that he has cried to me before bedtime because he says he doesn’t have friends to play with at recess.  He said all of the boys play football and he doesn’t like football so he has no one to play with.  He was begging to not go to school the next day.  We made a deal that he would go and I would come during first break and talk with him and his teacher to see what we could do to help solve the problem.  

I showed up the next day at his school feeling a little defeated and sad for Boden.  I wasn’t sure what to do.  I got there a little before break and had a chance to start to talk to the principal.  Boden then came to the office and all three of us talked about how we could make some new friends.  The principal suggested finding a recess buddy in other classes and asked if she could help him meet new boys to play with.  He agreed and we walked down to his class to talk to his teacher.  As we got down to the fourth grade hall a boy came running up to the principal and said hi.  She then said, “Hey Finn, do you know Boden” he said yeah I have played wall ball with him before.  She then asked if he would be his recess buddy today and he said sure, let’s go play.  Both of them went running out to the playground and I stayed and talked to the teacher and the principal.  The principal also told me about a counselor that comes into the school once a week and she would meet with Boden to see if she can help him improve his coping skills as well.  I was so grateful for that offering and signed up to have her start working with us.  I also worked some other things out with Boden’s teacher and waited for Boden to come back in before I left the school.  Boden told me he was feeling better and I hugged and kissed him and headed back home.  

As soon as I got in the car I felt my Grandpa Thomas so strongly.  I just started crying because I LOVED watching Boden and “Thomas” together when we would go to lunch.  My Grandpa would just sit and giggle at everything Boden did and Boden LOVED every minute of it.  They had a special bond and I have no doubt that bond was broken because he is now in Heaven.  I felt my Grandpa so strongly and it was as if he was telling me, “Don’t worry, I will watch over him when you can’t physically be there”  My heart is so full and I am so grateful for angels we have on this Earth and in Heaven.  I miss my Grandpa SO MUCH.  I can’t wait to hug him again one day but until then, I am so grateful he is still around to help guide my boys.  







No comments:

Post a Comment