Friday, March 13, 2015

We are off to Hawaii

Zac and I made a plan on our Honeymoon to visit a new state every year for our anniversary trip, that way on our 50th wedding anniversary we can say we have seen the whole United States together.  It's been a fun challenge and so far we have made it to 9 new states. . . now 10 : ) 
 
July of last year we booked a trip to Hawaii.  We have been married for 10 years so we decided to make this one extra special.  My parents were so gracious to be willing to watch the boys while we were gone.  After I booked the trip I got severe anxiety. . . sometimes it was so bad that I would seriously have severe stomach aches about 20 minutes after I ate.  I was so nervous to the leave the boys, mostly I was nervous for my parents.  It was a ten day trip and the boys for 10 days is A LOT!! 
Right before we left my dad gave each of us a blessing.  I was very comforted the night before we left and was okay that morning until they tagged my luggage to be checked.  My heart sank, my stomach turned into knots and my heart started beating out of my chest.  My sister, the amazing person that she is, just happen to be awake (it was 5 am) and texted me a quote about anxiety and told me to have trust in the Lord. : )  She knew how nervous I was, but I am not sure how she knew in that moment in time how much I needed her help.  She also told me to read something by Pres. Hinkley to gain comfort.  I was a nervous wreck and was crying. . . I think Zac thought I had turned into a psycho.  I started reading a talk after we found our gate and then my dad called.  He was great to talk to me as well. I am so grateful I have such a great family to love and support me. 
 
Our flight took off around 7 am and there was no turning back.  I read Pres. Hinkley's biography on the plane.  It was nice to help me get my mind off of things.  We landed in LA and then had a 2 hour layover before our plane took us to the islands of Hawaii.  It was really weird because by the time we got to LA we were ready for lunch but because of the time change it was still breakfast there.  We ate a Ford cafĂ©, the food was delicious and our waiter was very nice. 
 


 After our tummies were full we headed for our gate.  Our plane to Hawaii was through Delta.  It was so long!!  It was a very nice plane though.  Zac enjoyed some golf time while in the air.  : )  I was able to watch two movies during the flight.



 By 2:30 (Hawaii time-5:30 Utah time) we finally arrived.  Hawaii is so BEAUTIFUL!!  I was in awe the minute I walked off the plane.  We went and got our rental car and headed to our condo.  We were going to try to make it to Pearl Harbor but the plane was delayed a bit so we didn't have enough time.  Once we got checked in to our condo and our bags were unloaded we walked two blocks down from our condo to Waikiki Beach.  There was so much going on down there.  It was fun to see everything.  We walked along the beach for awhile, sat and enjoyed the ocean and did some shopping.  By that time it was pretty late so we headed back to our condo since we had to get up early for our flight the next day.   




No comments:

Post a Comment