Sunday, March 29, 2015

Having Fun While Mom and Dad are Gone


While we were gone Brandjie came and took the boys for a little bit to give my parents a break.  They went and met Nana for lunch and then got spoiled at Smith and Edwards. 


 They played at the park for a little while and then when Tegan got out of school they went to see Grandma Mason up at the hospital. 

 Grandma fell on Friday night and broke her hip.  She had to have an extensive surgery and because of all of that Nana and Papa called my mom and cancelled taking them on Sunday.  My parents worked out their mission stuff so my mom just stayed home on Sunday with the boys and at about 9:30 my Grandpa called my mom and had to go to the ER because he bent down to get the paper and passed out and smacked his head on the cement.  My mom hurried and dropped the boys off to Krystal and went out to get him.  My cousin called me in Hawaii and asked if I knew where Grandpa was.  She said there was blood all over the porch and in the sink but he was no where to be found and his car was still in the garage.  I didn't know anything had happened so I started to worry about him.  I called my brother and he told me what had happened.  I was stressing because the last time he fell he had to be in the hospital for over a week and have surgery to relieve pressure in his head because of the bleeding.  This time he got stitches, broke his nose and was bruised up but pretty good, but didn't have to stay in the hospital.  My awesome mom however had dinner in the crockpot, rolls made and all the boys dressed and ready for church before all this happened.  She is WONDER WOMAN!!  Poor Krystal was about 8 1/2 months pregnant and had to take all of them to church.  My mom and sister are saints!!  I am so grateful my Grandpa was okay but we felt so bad Grandma had to go through another surgery. 

 My parents took the boys to the Aquarium in Salt Lake while we were gone.  Krystal met them there.  My parents said they loved it.  The sea turtle kept swimming by Beckem and it looked like he kept giving him high five.  So fun!!




 While I was gone Tegan got to go on a field trip to McKay Dee Hospital.  My dad was so great and went with Tegan.  I was sad I couldn't be at work the day he went there, but so fun he got to go see everything. 

We are so grateful for everyone that helped out with the boys while we were gone.  We are especially grateful for Grandma and Grandpa.  They had them sleep at their house all 10 days.  They spoiled them and took such great care of them.  I know my boys are a handful and my mom was so great to be so willing to take them.  They are such GREAT grandparents!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment