Friday, November 22, 2013

Kyson turned FIVE

It's hard to believe that my little guy is already FIVE.  Kyson's actual birthday was Saturday (which was also Grandpa Mason's funeral so we celebrated a couple days early)  We were feeling bad because we didn't want him to have a sad birthday and then I was worried that we would be sad because Nana and Papa weren't there to celebrate, but we had a party Thursday night with our family, he had his preschool party on Friday and then after the funeral we went and hung out at Nana and Papas and they sang to him there.  He said he loved having three birthdays this year.  Ha ha I guess that made up for the unexpected change of plans and worry about him not having a good birthday.  

For our family celebration we always let them pick where they want to go as a family and they get to pick the restaurant for dinner.  Kyson wanted to go to the trampoline park and go get pizza.  So that is what we did.  After dinner my parents and Great Grandpa Thomas met us at our house and celebrated with some cake and ice cream.  I kept asking him what kind of cake he wanted and he wanted a tractor cake (the same as the past two years) He LOVES anything that pulls trailers and tractors.  He was SO EXCITED when he got to help me decorate his cake.  It was so fun to get to spend the entire day Thursday with him and just making him feel so special all day.  He kept asking if he could open is presents and I kept telling him he had to wait for dad to come home to open them and I told him, "that is the best part of your birthday, is the waiting and the excitment" and he said to me, "that's the lamest part"  I just cracked up.  

I love Kyson so much!!  He is such a sweetheart and such a good helper around the house.  He LOVES the elderly and babies.  He has been saying lately that he wants to be a doctor and I wouldn't be surprised if he was because he LOVES taking care of people.  He still LOVES the color orange, he is so friendly with everyone, he is such a good big brother, and he is still as spunky as ever.  I don't know what our family would do without him.  He makes life so much fun, we love you buddy!!  
 Boden was so excited when he woke up to the house decorated with balloons everywhere, it was little kid heaven.  
 Look how handsome my little man is. . . 





Like I said, he loves the elderly and Grandpa Thomas is definitely one of those people he has a special place in his heart for.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY our big FIVE year old : )  

No comments:

Post a Comment