Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day Five

Day Five: It was such a good day. I got to hold Beckem for an hour in the morning. He ate from a bottle three times throughout the night. I was so excited when I heard this. He still is getting a little bit of feedings in his feeding tube because he is not drinking the whole amount of food that he needs, but to drink from a bottle was a huge step. He is no longer getting fluids in his IV, only antibiotics and hopefully we will be done with those soon. He is still on his air flow at 1.5 liters but hopefully we can get him off that pretty soon.


When Zac and I went up in the evening to see him we found out they moved him to room 3. I was SO EXCITED, he was in room 1 and room 3 is one step closer to the door to go home : ) He looked so good last night. We got to hold him for almost two hours, we even got to feed him for our first time!! I got to change his diaper too, it felt so good to be able to take care of my own baby. His new room is so nice with a great view, he definately moved up in the NICU world : ) Each day we are taking little steps but hopefully it won't be too many more days until I can just love my baby all day long.

This week has been pretty rough on the boys. They have been completely out of their routine and are so worn out from being passed around so much while we go up to the hospital. I was getting ready in the morning and Kyson came in to see me when he woke up, I finished getting ready and looked down and he fell back asleep by my feet and was snoring. They have been through a lot this past week. They still have been such good boys though, I can't wait until we can get back to our daily routine and all be together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment