Friday, June 17, 2011

What a week

So this week has been so crazy...

Tuesday

I had my routine doctor's appointment. Because we were planning on going out of town camping Dr Seale wanted to check and my sure my cervix was not dialating and he decided he would cover all bases and run a test to see if my body is a certain hormone that indicates I could deliver in the next two weeks. He was thinking it would be negative and we would all feel safe to go camping. Well...


Wednesday

Dr. Seale called and told me that the test came back positive and I no longer could go camping because it was too far away if something were to start to happen. It was so hard to hear that our family vaction had to be cancelled and he told me that I need to take my contractions very seriously. So I had to get the trailer cancelled for our trip and take care of everything since we were supposed to leave early Friday morning. I went to work Wednesday night and actually came home early because I was contracting a lot and having really bad back labor.


Thursday

I called Dr. Seale to see how often I could take my terbutaline pills to stop my contractions and told him what was going on. He then perscribed another med (procartia) to take around the clock every six hours to prevent my contractions. His orders were to stay on top of the procartia, if I started to contract take my terbutaline and if I am still contracting then I need to come to labor and delivery. So Thursday night we were watching a movie and it was time to take my procartia. I took it and about the same time started to contract, we decided to go to bed and try to see if they stopped, at about 1:00 am I ended up taking my terbutaline. I tried so hard to go back to sleep but could not get comfortable and every time I feel asleep I was woken up in pain from a contraction. I decided to try to relax in the tub and the contractions just got worse. So at 3:00 am I had to call my mom and dad to come sit with the boys while Zac took me to the hosptial. When we got there they gave me double the dose I was taking of procartia and watched me for a little while. The contractions just kept coming but I have not dialated yet so that's good. After five long hours in triage Dr. Seale came in and decided to admit me to labor and delivery and start me on another med to stop my contractions. Finally about 10 am they stopped and I was feeling a lot better. I got to come home about 3:30 today but I am supposed to be on strict bed rest and I am on three different medications now to try to prevent contractions.


The hardest part about all this is I feel like being a mom I should be able to protect my kids and make sure they are healthy and safe, but I can't do that for little Beckem. For some reason my body is contracting and there is nothing I can do about it. I just pray that he will be okay and whenever it is his time to start his journey on this Earth he will be ready to fight the battle. I really am hoping I can make it at least six more weeks with the little guy in me, but Dr. Seale isn't really hopeful of that. I have faith in the Lord and whatever happens is for a reason, but I will do everything I can to try to protect him from coming out too early. Let's hope for no more contractions and a healthy baby in six to eight weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment