Friday, June 3, 2011

Flooding in Farr West??

So this morning I was woken up to Tegan saying, "Mommy will you change me because we are soaking wet and we are freezing" I realized Tegan and Kyson were standing there soaking wet from head to toe. I asked what they were doing. Tegan said, "Well mom, we got into the treat cupboard and got into the cheese and crackers. After we got cheese all over our hands we were washing our hands off and now we are soaking wet" I jumped out of bed and ran into their bathroom where the water was still on full blast and they had pulled the sink plug up. There was water EVERYWHERE!! I should have taken a picture but I was crying and freaking out a little bit. There was so much water from floor to ceiling and it had gone out into the hall and even into their room. The carpet was sloshing when you walked on it.


I started crying and cleaning up the mess and the boys just kept saying "We are sorry mommy, we are sorry" As I was cleaning up the bathroom they were sitting in the puddle in the hall and all the sudden I heard Tegan start saying, "this little piggy went to the market, this little piggy stayed home..." followed by the cutest giggle ever from Ky. I couldn't help but smile and love to hear them giggle. It was quite the event to clean up!! My mom brought her carpet cleaner down and we sucked probably about one 1/2 gallons out of just the hall carpet and I am sure we could still get more.


Zac called as soon as he got my text and he asked if it got in the basement. Well I hadn't even thought to check down there. So I made my way downstairs and sure enough, everything was SOAKED!! So I texted Zac to tell him more news...


Zac called on his lunch and said, "Babe, it's okay it could be a lot worse. Just be grateful our basement isn't finished because if it was it would be a nightmare, but it's not so it's okay. Kids will be kids and you are tried and things just happen. I will just finish cleaning everything up when I get home" Seriously, this man deserves a gold chair in Heaven. He is SO PATIENT and always looks at the better side of things. I am so grateful I have him, he is so good to us!!


Well, needless to say four hours later I kind of have my house back together beside the eight loads of laundry I need to do of wet towels, but that will get done eventually.


Most people are worried about all the water this year and their houses flooding, but unfortunately for me I should just worry about my children flooding my house. Boys will be boys I guess...and I am having another one : ) I guess that's what I get for working 60 hours a week, NIGHT SHIFTS (thanks to stupid benefits for screwing up my hours that were rightfully mine), trying to finish up my bachelors program, being pregnant and being a mother. One day things will slow down a bit I hope but until then....here's to the next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment