Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Not ready yet...

This pregnancy has been an exciting one for sure. From unknown fevers, being on multiple antibiotics, getting pneumonia, having to start progesterone shots to try to prevent him delivering early (Which I have to say, they HURT so bad for at least three days. One just heals and stops hurting and it's time for another one again) and then our next adventure started on Saturday. . .


I started contracting about every three to five minutes. I got in a bath, tried to take a nap with the boys, drank plenty of water and they just kept coming and were hurting so bad!! I wasn't really worried at first because this has happened with all my pregnancies, but by the time we got to the hospital I was contracting every minute. I started to get a little worried because the thought of them not being able to stop them freaked me out. The nurse ended up giving me the dreaded drug that makes me feel like I am on speed and my contractions finally stopped. My doctor sent me home with a prescription to take at home if I start contracting again. I am just so worried because I have delivered earlier and earlier every pregnancy, I just hope I don't deliver too early with this little man. I only had to take my pills one other time the next morning but nothing since then, thank goodness. I just need to remember to take it easy and try to keep him in there as long as possible.


The hilarious part about the whole thing this weekend is when the nurse was getting ready to send me home she was going over my instructions and she said, (with a straight face) "now until you see Dr. Seale next you need to be on pelvic rest (meaning, no pelvic activity)" Ha ha some people get put on bed rest, but of course I get put on pelvic rest. After she walked out, me and Zac just looked at each other and started to laugh. It's not funny that my preterm labor is already starting, but we I thought that part was pretty funny.


I am just scared because my preterm labor started about 30 weeks with Tegan, 28 weeks with Kyson and now I am only 27 weeks : ( Stay in there little buddy, it's way too early for us to meet you now. : ( Hopefully I won't have any more contractions until mid August.

No comments:

Post a Comment