Sunday, August 3, 2014

"I don't want to go to church"

A couple of weeks ago we were all getting ready for church and Tegan said, "I don't want to go to church"  (this is something we hear often on Sunday mornings).  I said, "fine, you can make your own choice"  Kyson came running down and said, "I don't want to go either"  I said "okay, you can make your own choice, but that's sad because Heavenly Father blesses us a lot"
 
The boys were so excited to stay home (they have NEVER stayed home alone before), they were plotting everything they were going to do and what they were going to play.  Zac finally piped up and said, "okay boys, if that's what you choose to do then that's your choice, but if you aren't going to go to church to learn about the gospel, you will stay home and study the gospel.  I want you to prepare a talk because I am going to tell the bishop you will be speaking in Sacrament next week."  Kyson got a confused look on his face and said, "but we can't even read"  Zac responded with, "well, then your talk will be pretty interesting huh"  Zac walked upstairs to get his suit coat on and I went to put my shoes on and I heard Kyson say to Tegan "Teg, we better go get ready and go to church because we can't read"  So they ran upstairs and hurried and dressed themselves and met us in the truck with no fights at all. It was great!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment