Saturday, August 16, 2014

Grandpa, Say a Prayer

So the other day while I was at work my dad took Tegan and Kyson to home depot to buy something for his yard.  My dad was being the fun grandpa that he is and was pushing the boys in the cart when they were all done shopping.  My dad began to run to the car while pushing the boys.  When they got to the car my dad stuck his hand in his pocket to only find out there was a hole in his pocket and his keys were gone.  They looked all over for the keys and Tegan mentioned to my dad to call grandma to come bring them more keys.   Then Kyson piped up with his sweet tender 5 year old heart.  "Grandpa, I know. . .Just say a prayer.  Heavenly Father will help us find the keys" so that is exactly what they did.  After they said their prayer they walked back toward the store and lone and behold the keys were right in front of them in a puddle of water.  They must have fallen out when my dad began to run with the boys. 

When my dad called me at work to tell me the story it just brought tears to my eyes.  I feel so guilty having to be a working mother and I feel like I am not living up to my number one calling. . . .motherhood, but when I heard this story today it made me so proud.  I am so proud of Kyson for having enough faith to turn to his Father in Heaven and ask for help.  I know without a doubt that the Lord answers our prayers.  I have seen so many blessings come from answered prayers.  The Lord is real and He is so amazing!!  I hope and pray that my four boys will all grow their own testimony of the gospel and will be able to know of it's truth.  This gospel is amazing and  I am so grateful to be a part of it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment