Wednesday, October 2, 2013

We're pretty lucky here. . .


The other day Krystal was watching my boys while I was at work and this is the conversation that Kyson and Krystal had while they were making cookies. . . . 
Kyson: "Krystal, see this thing in our sink, it has soap in it.  Do you have a thing in your sink that has soap in it??"  
Krystal: "I just have my soap in a container on the side of my sink, instead of having it in my faucet"
Kyson: "Watch what our faucet can do." (as he turns the faucet from the stream to the sprayer with a touch of a button) "Does your sink do that Krystal??"
Krystal: "I have a sprayer but it's on the side of my faucet.  So I have one it's just a little different than yours"
Kyson sat in deep thought for a minute and then said to Krystal, "We are pretty lucky here"  

This made me smile and then made me truly think how lucky we are.  I get so caught up in the day to day things and seeing what the world has to offer but if I could just become more like my children and realize that I am so lucky to have all my needs met, a nice house to enjoy everyday, four amazing boys that bring me so much happiness, my best friend by my side to enjoy this amazing journey called life, the knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Chirst, amazing extended family. . . I could go on and on because I am so blessed.  I think we all are so blessed to live in the world we live in today.  It's an amazing place and we just need to slow down and realize how lucky we are for the lives, the trials, the happiness and the joy that we have been given.  It's a BEAUTIFUL thing!!  LUCKY US!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey! It was so nice seeing you the other day. I had to giggle that the few times I have run into you since McKay have been at Red Lobster. It is nice to see how well everything is going for you guys. Your boys are adorable. You make it looks so easy and fun that you make me wish I had more kids, but then again my boys are crazy and a lot to handle. :) I can't believe your baby is one! I have been away from blogging for quite a while I guess. I just have to say that Rozlyn is not a very common name and I only have two nieces on my side of the family and my niece that is exactly one month younger than Bodee is named, Roslyn. We too call her Ros.(Roz) or Rozzy Rue. Anyways, it will be nice to keep up with you through your blog. You will see a comment here or there from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss seeing you and I really wish I could blog stock you still, but you will just have to leave me a comment and update me on your life : ) That's funny about your niece, that is not a common name at all. CRAZY!! I miss you tons and hope you are doing good.

    ReplyDelete