Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sealed for Eternity

Saturday night we were able to go to the Bountiful Temple.  Since Scott and Sandra live in California we haven't ever been able to all get together to make a trip to the temple.  

Our plan was to go to a Five o'clock session, but when we got there the temple was PACKED.  They first told us it would be about a 30 minute wait, and then about five minutes later it turned into an hour wait and soon to be an hour and thirty minute wait.  We talked with the temple workers and asked if our family of 11 could do sealings together in one room.  They told  us the smallest room in the temple was available but if we didn't care we could do it.  I was expecting it to be shoulder to shoulder and so small, but actually the room had 12 chairs or so and fit our family perfect.  I was worried that it would be hard for Grandpa to listen to multiple people being sealed to their wives and make him miss grandma even more, but I think it ended up being such an amazing experience.  It helped us all remember the whole reason why we are here on the Earth and that we will all be together again someday thanks so the sealings done in the temple.  Grandma lived her whole life to be worthy to enter the temple and strived to live the best she could to please our Father in Heaven.  There is no doubt in my mind that grandma was an angel sitting the room with us that night. 

As I sat in the room with all my siblings, my mom and dad and grandpa it was so awesome to see each of us worthy to enter the house of the Lord and to be worthy to do his work.  I am so grateful for the gospel I have in my life and the unconditional love our Savior has for us.  I can't wait to see my grandma again and am so grateful for the experience we had to all attend the temple together.    



 This temple is so special to me because seven years ago this month we were able to be sealed for Eternity.  It was nice to go back to the temple and remember those covenants we have made with our Father in Heaven and those covenants we have made for each other.  I am so in love and so blessed to have Zac in my life.  He makes everyday worth living.  I love you babe and happy anniversary!!

My grandma passed away the day before our anniversary so we never really celebrated our anniversary like we usually do.  Each year we have gone to a new state and our plan is our on 50th wedding anniversary we will be able to say we saw all the United States together : )  but this summer we are planning on taking a trip to a new state to celebrate the eight wonderful years we have had together. 


1 comment:

  1. It is hard to admit, but I have not been to the temple in nearly two years. At one point I went to the temple every month for three years with Lacee Porter then we both got pregnant. It was much harder to find time to get sitters for our children and unfortunately we grew apart. Now that the temple closest to me is out of business until it is rebuilt it became even that much harder. As years have passed, some walls have crumpled and I have struggled in so many ways. However, I have that desire to go back and I hope to keep it burning brightly. I wish and hope for a day that Andrew and I can again enter the temple together as a couple.

    ReplyDelete