Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A true Angel has returned Home. . .

 This beautiful angel returned to her Father in Heaven on Saturday March 9th. She is such a beautiful lady and I know there was a special spot in Heaven just waiting for her.  

I went to visit her the day they put her on Hospice and a woman from the R.S. called (not knowing she was put on Hospice) to see about visiting teaching and I overheard her say, I got it done for Feb. but I might not get to it in March, I was just put on Hospice and might need to be released.  I just chuckled and thought, wow, if only I was that dedicated!! 
My cousin, Mer, put a post on Facebook (I don't have Facebook, so my cousin showed me what she wrote, LOL) the last Sunday that the whole family was together and this is what she posted, it is said so well. . . 

"Spend quality time with the ones you love the most!! Please send prayers and love for grandma and grandpa Thomas.  Grandma is suffering badly from a very hard battle with cancer and grandpa is by her side with many health concerns too.  Grandma has always been the glue that held the family together.  NEVER a birthday missed with out chocolate donuts, homemade chocolate chip cookies and ALWAYS a fun card or homemade gift from grandpa. They both have ALWAYS been there for each of us!! It is amazing to have such a roll model in my life as grandma has never had a bad word to say about anyone, always so positive, thoughtful, loving and always there to listen.  Seeing her be so brave and strong tonight I didn't realize just what a front she put on so we would not see exactly how much pain and misery she is in until she couldn't hide it anymore.  Tonight when she asked me to help her to the bedroom, I asked what I could do to help her she asked that I pray she doesn't have to suffer long and that she is worthy enough to see her daughter LuAnn and her son Dave again.  Wow, really?? I love them so much neither of them deserve to suffer at all.  Just thought you would like to know just how special my grandparents are." 





Grandma's phone calls on EVERY holiday and EVERY birthday call and visit will be missed so much.  She had such a strong faith in our Heavenly Father.  Up until the day she died she was trying to get all her grandkids to promise to try to make it to the temple or at least clean up their lives so she could be with them forever.  

Thanks so much for your strength grandma and your amazing example to me.  I am so grateful I have the gospel and the comfort of knowing I will be with you again someday.  I love you and I will miss you a lot, but until we meet again.  God Bless!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment