Monday, June 14, 2010

Tegan's Talent for Naming Cars

Something that is so amazing and I never want to forget is Tegan's talent for naming cars at 2 1/2 years old. It all started when we were on the Frontrunner going to see the Monster Truck Show and Teg looked out his window as the cars were driving along side of us on the freeway and said "Mom, look there's a Mustang" I leaned over him and looked out the window and sure enough, right next to us driving down the freeway was a 2010 green Mustang. The kid sitting across from us on the frontrunner was AMAZED. It was insane he was 2 1/2!! Ever since then everywhere we go, he will tell me if he sees certain cars.
One day we were coming home from the mall and I was driving down Wall Ave. and Tegan was just jabbering to me and then all the sudden he says "mom look there is a Camaro" I said "where Tegan" and he said "mom right in front of us" To me, it was just a black car in front of us, but I got in the other lane and started to pass this black car, and Tegan was right, it was a brand new Camaro. All he could see what the back end of the Camaro, how did he know that's what it was?? It's Amazing!!
There was another day that I was on a walk with my mom and I was pushing the boys in the stroller. We were just talking and walking down Fruitland Dr. and all the sudden Tegan hollars out, "Mom, don't hit that Charger" just as I was walking by I looked over and it definately was a charger parked on the side of the road.
He has got a huge talent that is for sure. I don't know if I should be proud of him or freaked out because I am going to have to start saving every penny I own, at this rate he is going to want a $30,000 car for his 16th birthday!! Ha Ha Cars that he knows and he tells me EVERYTIME he sees one are: mustangs, camaros, corvettes, GTO's, hummers, chargers, toyotas, nisans, BIG MONSTER TRUCKS (that is any full size truck) and if he doesn't know what they are he always says, "mom, what's that car" I am definately not an expert and up until now they were just white, black and red cars to me, but I am having to learn what they are becasue he wants to know when he sees them. Good thing daddy knows every car out there. Even when it's dark, Zac can tell me every car just by the head lights. I guess that's where Tegan gets it from!!

1 comment:

  1. how cute is that?! i love it. our little one will know every...fish and gun?? haha. we'll have to hang around you more so teagan can teach him the important stuff like cars! i miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete