Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tegan's in 1st grade

Last week Tegan started 1st grade.  In our new house we get to ride the bus now.  Tegan did good his first few days, but then he started having a really hard time.   



Yesterday Tegan had a full blown panic attack before school, which I had never seen him do this before.  He was wheezing and turning blue.  I felt so bad for him.  He is so shy and it's so hard to be the new kid on the bus.  I helped him through the panic attack and he cried a little bit walking to the bus stop, but then we survived the day.  

Last night Zac told him to say a prayer before school and Heavenly Father will help him make friends and have fun.  This morning I went in to wake him up and he opened his eyes and immediately sat up and said, mom I need to say a prayer.  I said okay, fold your arms and he said, "no I need to kneel down" so we went into my room and knelt down.  He asked me to say it so I did and then when it was over he said, "mom I think I need to say one by my self" I asked him if he wanted me to stay or leave and he asked me to leave him alone.  So I went down and made breakfast and he came down to eat after his prayer was over.  During the middle of breakfast he went up in his bathroom and just started to cry so hard.  I went up to check on him and he was saying another prayer.  He came down and asked me to say a prayer on his food so we did.  After I forced him to eat his breakfast I helped him put on his shoes and told him we had to leave before the bus leaves us.  He said, "okay mom, but can we say another prayer" so we did.  The poor kid was so sad.  I hope Heavenly Father heard one of those many prayers because Tegan really needed the extra comfort today.  I love Tegan so much and the strong spirit about him.  He is so close to the spirit and he is so strong in the gospel already.  He is an amazing boy!!  I hope it only gets easier from here on out for him to go to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment