Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Grandma's Special Boy

My grandma has not been doing very good and has now been put on Hospice.  We went out two days before Christmas to see her, but then all the kids got sick so we haven't been out since.  

Today we decided we needed to go visit her.  I told Kyson, "after Tegan gets out of school we are going to go visit Grandma Rogers" and he said, "Mom is she getting ready to go back to Jesus" It brought tears to my eyes because he has always had such a special place in his heart for her and cares so much for her.  I explained to him that she might and it's okay because then she would no longer be in so much pain.  (She has a sore on her leg that the tendon is showing, : ( and she is in quite a bit of pain from it).   

When we got there to see her, her sister had just gotten there to visit as well.  We told the boys they needed to go downstairs to play.  Kyson asked if he could just stand at Grandma's feet and be by her.  I told him he could but he needed to be very quite so she could visit with her sister.  So he stood there for quite a while and grandma and her sister visited.  When her sister left I went over and held her hand and told her we wanted to come check on her and Kyson wanted to come see her and she just started to cry.  I told her that he has a special place in his heart for her and she just cried and said, "I know, I have a special place in my heart for him too"  By this time Kyson was downstairs playing with Tegan and Beckem and it was time for us to leave.  Tegan got his shoes on and went over and told her goodbye.  Zac took Beckem and Tegan out to the car while I helped Kyson get his shoes on.  Kyson walked over and said to me, "mom, I want to sit by grandma" I told him there was not a lot of room by her but he could stand by her.  He went over to her side and layed his head down on her and she just held him and started to cry.  They sat like this for a few minutes and grandma just cried and said, "this is my special boy, you are so special to me"  It was so sweet.  After Kyson stood up and I told him it was time to leave he kept going to the door and then back over to grandma to give her a few more loves before he left and he just kept saying, "I love you grandma" 
Kyson has such a special compasionate heart for her and it is so tender to see.  I don't know what is going to happen with my grandma, but I am so grateful we were able to go out today to visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment