Sunday, September 12, 2010

Strong

I feel so blessed to have to opportunity to meet, work with and get to know amazing people. The past two nights I had the opportunity to take care of a young girl that just had a baby. Because of this girl's circumstances she decided to give her baby a better life, a good home with a mommy and a daddy. This girl amazed me how strong and mature she was handling everything. I got the opportunity to spend quite a bit of time talking with her early this morning. As I sat in her room for over an hour hearing her story and everything she has been through I couldn't help but look up to her for her strength. She has lost both parents to suicidal overdoses and was in her situation now because of a rape. She was still holding her head up high and being strong. My heart broke when she was crying to me about how hard it was going to be to say goodbye to her beautiful baby. I can't imagine ever having to do that, but I look up to her so much for being so unselfish and making this huge decision.
It's interesting the different trials we have to face in our lives, but like this young girl showed me, it's all about how we take those trials and deal with them. She was so strong, so amazing and so sweet. I am so grateful I had the chance to get to know her. I walked away from work today feeling so blessed for the job I have. I have an opportunity to meet such amazing people in this world. I think people are put in our paths for different reasons and I feel that she has helped me want to be a stronger person and make the best with what life throws you!! Thank you to this young girl for touching my heart and giving me strength!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine! What a strong individual. I hunger for her strength. I often wonder if I was in different people's circumstances, would I be able to handle them? Take this girl for instance - hard to even fathom. Thanks for the post. *

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad:( that just makes us realize how blessed we really are.

    ReplyDelete