Saturday, September 19, 2020

Angels Guiding Us

On Tuesday afternoon I dropped Beckem off at soccer practice and took Boden up to my parents to mow their lawn.  I told my dad I wanted to go exercise/walk for a bit.  He told me that he would be mowing the lawn with Boden while I went walking.  I took Blue and headed up the road.  I got to top of 2600 and turned to go on the canal road.  It was such a warm afternoon and Blue was super thirsty.  I didn't have Blue on a leash because I never do.  Not thinking, we got near the canal.  Blue went over to get a drink and before I could grab him he fell in the canal.  I kept trying to reach for him, but the water was too low for me to reach him.  The current was pushing him down the canal, but he was doggy paddling pretty hard against the current.  I called my dad and told him to hurry up to the canal because Blue fell in.  He said, "I will be right there"  I continued to try to grab Blue but I couldn't get him.  I knew there was a grate down the canal road and if I didn't get him out he would have drowned.  As soon as my dad got there we were about 20 feet from the drop to the grate.  I asked my dad for a rope.  he grabbed a rope off his back seat and threw it to me.  I jumped in the canal and held on to Blue as tight as I could.  The bottom was really mossy but I was able to get my footing.  We got the rope tied around Blue but the current was pretty strong.  My dad and I were have a hard time getting him out of the water.  My dad finally said, push his butt as hard as you can and I will pull.  We did that and we were able to get him out of the water.  It was then my turn to get out of the canal.  I was worried because I wasn't sure how I was going to get out.  I tired using the rope but I was afraid I was going to pull my dad in with me.  Right then a man came walking up and said, "do you need help"  we asked him to help us and he grabbed the rope.  Both my dad and him were able to pull me out of the water.  We thanked him and he walked away.  I seriously feel like he was an angel, his timing was perfect. I was soaked and shaken up pretty bad.  I put Blue in my dads truck and hoped in with him, my dad took us back to his house.  Once we got to his house he told me that this morning he was cleaning out the garage and had a really strong feeling to put that rope in his truck.  He thought it was a crazy idea because he didn't ever think he would need it but he put it in there anyway.  I seriously believe that an angel was watching out for Blue and I.  I am so grateful for my dad listening to that prompting and for his quick response to come up and help us.  I know without a doubt that Heaven was watching over us today!!  God is REAL!!  
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Wbdcc2hj1f1O5KZbqc0pLcqdWyt6Gr5B

No comments:

Post a Comment