Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Kyson's Kindergarten Check-up

I took Ky in for his kindergarten check up.  He was so excited but scared to get all of his shots.   He kept telling me how brave he was going to be (we had this discussion multiple times a day for a few weeks, he thought about its lot obviously).  
They came in to poke his finger for a test and I told him that finger pokes hurt way worse than a shot.   I was trying to prepare him.   The girl poked his finger and he didn't even flinch.   She got what she needed and put the band-aid on and still no reaction from Ky.  I thought to myself,  dang this girl must have been amazing with the finger poke or I have one tough kid.   He looked at me and said didn't hurt I am brave.   I told him he was so brave and then the minute the girl left he broke down and was telling me how bad it really did hurt.   I just smiled because he is so brave and didn't want the M.A. to see him "not be brave" I told him it's okay to say that it hurts that doesn't mean you aren't brave.   Then the M.A. came back with the shots.   He did so great with that as well. Now my brave little man is ready to start kindergarten in the fall.   He is such a brave and sweet kid I love him so much!!



No comments:

Post a Comment