Friday, April 26, 2013

Trials

Sometimes it's hard to understand why good people have to have trials or hard times in their lives. 

When I think of my childhood all the way up to becoming an adult, I think of a lot of time spent at the Thorpe's house.  I babysat for them all the time and even when I wasn't babysitting I would go over and just hang out with Jen and the kids.  I grew to love this family almost as much as my own.  I loved to watch Greg and Jen get so excited to go out on a date with each other and Greg would comment how lucky he was to have such an amazingly hot wife and best friend.  I loved thier relationship and couldn't wait until one day I would be able to have that relationship with my husband.  Their whole family had such an amazing relationship with each other.  I have always looked up to Jen and Greg a lot. 

When Zac and I got married we weren't ready to enter the temple so we got married civily.  It was awesome to have Greg marry us and be a part of our lives.  That next year we worked really hard to prepare our lives to be sealed for all time and eternity.  We had some hard times and Greg and Jen were nice enough to let us in their house and counsel us the best they could and Greg even gave us a few blessings that were really needed. 

I have a huge place in my heart for the Thorpe family and this past week I found out that Jen was diagnosed with colon cancer.  She went in for a colonoscopy, thinking it was over kill because she was still seven years away from the age to get colonoscopys, but went in anyway because her doctor recommended it from the symptoms she was having.  The results were beyond anything anyone could imagine.  It came back with colon cancer and that week she went into surgery.  They removed part of her colon and now it is spread to the liver.  My heart hurts for this amazing family.  Lets hope that chemo and radiation can help this horrible disease.  My prayers are with the Thorpe family at this time!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment