Tuesday, February 5, 2013

January Update

 January went by so fast for me.  I can't beleive it's already February. 
 
It was sad to lose Grandma Rogers the first of January but it was nice to get to spend another week with Scott and Sandra while they were here for the funeral.  Sandra grew up in Peru and she had never seen snow until she married Scott and came to visit Utah.  We were so sad because there was minimal amount of snow over Christmas while they were here so when we found out they were going to be able to come back home for the funeral we were so excited because we had a little bit more snow.  We took her sledding for her first time.  She was so scared, but she did great.  I am not sure she had as much fun as we did, but she did say she would go again so she must have had a little bit of fun.  She is so fun, I love her so much!!
 
 
 
 
 
We took some pictures after the funeral, we were sad because Nicole had to go home with thier kids since their babysitter couldn't stay all day.  It would have been fun to have her in the picture with us.  Hopefully next time Sandra is here we can get a picture of the four of us.  
 
Zac has never had a suit before and he really wanted one to wear to Grandma's funeral.  So, we went and got him a suit and he looked SO GOOD!!  I think he looks good all the time, but he definately looks HOT in his suit : ) 
After the funeral we went and spent the evening up at my parents house and played games.  The boys helped Grandma make dinner and bake brownies.  I am so grateful for my parents and the relationship they have with my boys.  They are the best grandparents ever!!  It was nice to get to spend a lot of time together as a family while we remember Grandma.  Family is what makes this life worth living.  

 This last snow storm we got about 18 inches of snow in one night.  Justin and Nicole called and said they wanted to go sledding so we all went after Tegan got out of school.  Thanks to my mom for watching THREE babies 18 months and younger so we could go and have a good time.  I was sad because my battery died, but these are a few pics from the fun day.  It was so much fun!!

 Beckem cheesing as always.  He loves animals especially our dog Boba. 

We went out and visited Grandma and Grandpa Thomas and Kyson just snuggled right up to Grandpa the whole time.  He has a big heart for the elderly. 


 
 
 The other day Boden was sitting in the high chair while I was making dinner and he didn't even make a peep.  After a little while I looked over at him and found him like this.  It was so cute.  He hardly ever crys, and is always content with whatever his is doing.  I guess he got pooped out sitting up.  : )  He is such a GOOD baby!!

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration to me as a mother. I am sure that you have your not so good days as does anyone, however, I love your posts. Your love for your children is evident and you make parenting look super easy or your kids are just well behaved. I only have two and most days especially during the winter months I feel defeated. I get cabin fever and both my boys are in the stage of defiance and I am constantly being tested as a parent. I love my boys so very much and want the very best for them and seeing blogs such as yours, gives me the confidence to do so. So thank you. Your boys are absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete