Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sugar Cookie Tradition

Ever since I was a little girl my grandma would have all the girl cousins sleepover at her house the night before the Thomas family Chirstmas party. We would go Christmas caroling, read Christmas stories and talk about the symbolism in all the Christmas decorations and the next morning my grandma would always cook us a nice breakfast and then we would frost sugar cookies for the party that night. It was such a fun tradition, we haven't done it for years since everyone has gotten married and grown up but this year my cousin Meridee called and wanted to surprise grandma and show up and decorate cookies for the party with her. It was so fun to get together with all the cousins and see grandma so happy. This is something that has always meant so much to her and it was so nice to remember what Christmas is all about. I love my grandma so much and all the memories she has given me at Christmas time!!


LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!


We used to eat more frosting and cookies than we would decorate and some things just never change : )















No comments:

Post a Comment