Sunday, October 3, 2010

General Conference




I will never forget when I was a senior in High School I went to work one day and was telling my co-workers how excited I was that the upcomming weekend was General Conference. One co-worker said, "oh is that where a bunch of old men come on T.V. and talk all day" My heart broke because if only she knew that General Conference is so much more than that. I have a special place in my heart for those "old men". It is through them that we have modern day revelation. They are the greatest leaders on this Earth today. I am so grateful for my living prophet today and the joy that he carries with him. I am so grateful for the joy that the Gospel brings to my life and to my family. I LOVE General Conference and the great talks we get to listen to. I love feeling the spirit and the peace that it brings into our home. This world is so wicked and is only getting worse everyday.
My heart hurts when I think about what challenges my boys are going to have to face in this world, but I hope and pray that they stay close to their Father in Heaven and turn to Him when the challenges come. I am so grateful for the Priesthood that Zac honors and holds for our family.
I don't know what I did to be so blessed in this world, but I feel like the luckiest girl when I think of all that I have been given. I love my Father in Heaven SO MUCH and can't wait for the day that I can return to Him and give Him a big hug for everything He has blessed me with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment