Friday, June 24, 2022

Angels at the Dredge Ponds??

Fishing was good, the swimming was a little chilly :) 
I had a really cool experience while we were at the dredge ponds.  Diana let me borrow a book called “Angels In My Hair”.  The whole book is all about how the author can see angels and what she does with that talent throughout her life.  I have been feeling depressed lately and while I have been reading the book I have been reflecting back on when I used to go to lunch with my Grandpa.  The times I was with him brought me pure joy and what I would give to have that time with him.  

As I was sitting in a chair reading my book, I saw this old truck come up the dirt road.  The truck stopped just before I could see the drivers face, but he was an older gentleman and he was talking to the boys.  I could see he had on a thin flannel shirt just like the one my grandpa used to always wear.  He then proceeded to drive further up the road and he waved to me as he went by.  He had a bald head and glasses just like the ones my grandpa used to always wear.  I only saw his face for a split second because the truck was in the way of me seeing him.  After he drove by I asked the boys what he said.  They told me he said “hey you look more like swimmers than fisherman” (grandpa LOVED to tease my boys).  I got such a strong feeling and looked at Zac and said, what if that was grandpa because for the split second I saw him it looked just like him.  Even the boys said how much he looked just like grandpa Thomas.  I then got up from my chair to walk up the road because the truck had just gone by not too much longer and it wasn’t driving fast.  I walked away up the road and there was no truck to be found.  I am not sure if it was my grandpa or not, but I would like to think it was.  I miss him so much and I can’t really put into words the feelings I felt that day, but something told me that was him coming back to say hello.  I am so grateful for the friendship him and I shared.  I can’t wait to see him again one day, but until then I will cherish every minute I got to be with him on this Earth.  I love you grandpa. . . Love your heartbreaker















 

No comments:

Post a Comment