Sunday, April 24, 2016

10 commandments lesson

We had such a great lesson today in Relief Society about the commandments.  We were talking about how a lot of people view the commandments as a restriction, but how they actually are meant to give us freedom.  A woman in our ward shared a study that I thought was awesome.  People were saying that kids shouldn't have fences at school around the playground because it is restricting.  They did a study with 10 schools.  They took down the fence in 5 schools and left the other fences up at the remaining schools.  The 5 schools that no longer had fences had a huge increase in behavioral problems.  When they looked further into this, the kids said they didn't feel safe.  The creativity also declined at these schools as well.

This is a lot like the commandments.  They are there to help us feel safe and help us be able to be creative and reach our full potential in life.  I love the gospel and the comfort that it gives to me.  I know this is the true church and am so grateful for the blessings that I receive when I follow the commandments.  The Lord is AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment