Friday, May 17, 2013

Building up the Kingdom

Zac's job currently, is doing all the stone work on the Ogden Temple.  He was so excited when he found out that Caffill Tile got the job and he would have an opportunity to build one of the temples.  I thought it was awesome and I was excited too, but it didn't really hit me how awesome it really is until he showed me pictures of his finished work. 

Building a temple is not an easy job, Zac's stones have to be within 1/32 of an inch or else they have to redue it.  That's about the thickness of a sheet of paper.  It's amazing to me.  Zac told me the other day they poured the cement inside and he went in when it was all done and he said it was the smoothest, most perfect cement he has ever seen.  The crazy thing is, it won't even be seen once they lay tile or carpet down.  It really goes to show you that these temples are completely perfect.

Here are some pictures that the missionaries have been taking while walking around the grounds.  This first picture Zac is on the right holding the level and that's his helper Elmer to the left.  









I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life and the guidence it gives me each day.  I love that this is only a part of what we will experience for eternity, it's awesome!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment