Monday, April 19, 2010

The Sock


Saturday night Zac and I got a chance to go to an AMAZING fireside. It was all about marriage and enjoying each other. During Barbara's talk she held up her ribbon of life and showed us the different stages in life. As I looked at that ribbon, there was just a little section of our life that we have our kids at home and get to enjoy their little smiles. Well, the fireside was great and we both really enjoyed it.
After we got home and got the kids in bed I decided I wanted a shake so I headed up to Country Boy Dairy to get us some shakes. As I was sitting in the car waiting for the girls to make our shakes I looked down and there was Kyson's little sock that he had pulled off earlier that day. I picked up the sock and placed it in my hand. It hit me so hard (and yes I started to cry) that it won't be too much longer and his little sock won't fit in my hand anymore. Though some days seem so long filled with the full-time job of being a mommy, this moment in car hit me that one day (which will come sooner than I hope for) I will miss every moment that I have now.
I have such a short time to teach Tegan and Ky everything they need to know to survive the trials that will come in this life and I have such a short time to enjoy their little giggles and smiles. I am so grateful to be a mommy and get the chance to raise these two amazing boys. I feel so inadequate to be their mother, but with the help of the Lord to guide me, I hope I can be a half decent mother to them. I love you guys with all of my heart. Thanks for the great moments and memories we make each and every day!!
I swear every since I became a mom I am such a bawl baby, but I think kids just make you realize how amazing life really is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment